The Xero Asia community is getting bigger every year. This year we were excited to welcome over 1,500 accountants, bookkeepers, and ecosystem partners at our Asia roadshows in Malaysia and Singapore. Xero Roadshow is an opportunity to bring the community together – partners get to meet fellow accountants, bookkeepers and ecosystem partners that are integrated with the Xero platform and of course, the Xero Asia team.
The energy level was at an all-time high as the Xero team travelled to different cities to bring the roadshow to the local market. This year we placed our focus on helping accountants and bookkeepers get ahead of the pace in the industry. A lot took place during the roadshows, including partnership announcements, product updates, networking and learning. Here are some of the key highlights from our roadshows.
Building up the connections and partnerships in Xero Asia
Xero’s growth in Asia is enabled by the connections and partnerships we create in the ecosystem. We thank our main sponsor, Visa, whose solution helps small businesses manage their cash flow better.
Tapping on the power of our ecosystem, we are also delighted to welcome new add-ons to the family. TradeGecko is the first in Asia to advance into our recommended app partner tier. We have also introduced a single sign-on for some add-ons in Asia, such as Float, which allows Xero users to log in with their Xero credentials, making sign-up and connecting to third-party apps simpler and more seamless.
As we continue to localise our offerings, we are also working with OnlinePajak to enable direct GST filing with IRAS. In accordance with IMDA’s e-invoicing initiative, Xero is also working with Storecove to enable Xero users to send and receive e-invoices via the PEPPOL network.
In Hong Kong, we are also happy to have partnered Hang Seng bank for bank feeds integration for our customers.
Check out more of our partnerships announcements at the roadshows here.
Launch of the Singapore and Hong Kong 2020 Accounting Industry Report
We have launched our 2020 Accounting Industry Reports for Singapore and Hong Kong, helping local accounting and bookkeeping practices benchmark and learn from others in the industry.
The reports contain robust benchmarking data to support your accounting firm’s long term business planning and provides insights into best practices for marketing and advisory services. Key findings from the study include:
- Pacesetting firms grow their revenue three times faster than other firms.
- Practices that make effective use of technology have lowered their costs by 240 hours per client per year in Singapore, and 269 hours per client per year in Hong Kong.
- Accounting practices who embrace technology and invest in staff training are 10% more likely to retain their staff.
Congratulations to our 2019 Xero Asia Awards winners!
Massive congratulations to all our Xero Asia Awards winners! The inaugural Xero Awards was launched to celebrate industry pacesetters who have made a difference in the small business community as they help their clients achieve success. Here are the winners:
- Sleek as Singapore Emerging Partner of the Year
- Rosemont SGP Pte Ltd as Singapore Partner of the Year
- Centre O as Hong Kong Emerging Partner of the Year
- Fastlane Capital Limited as Hong Kong Partner of the Year
- Mahzan Sulaiman as Malaysia Emerging Partner of the Year
- CYD & Associates as Malaysia Partner of the Year
- Coria & Co as Asia Emerging Partner of the Year
- Logiframe as Asia Partner of the Year
Find out more about them here.
It has been an eventful two weeks for us in Malaysia and Singapore. Stay tuned for our wrap up video to see what went on at Roadshow Asia 2019.
The post Xero Roadshow Asia 2019: Thank you for being a part of this community appeared first on Xero Blog.