We’re proud to announce that Uber for Business has officially launched with Xero Connect in Australia and New Zealand. Since unveiling our partnership with Uber for Business last year, we’ve been working hard on a solution to reduce administrative burden for small business owners. The feedback we’ve had so far has been great. And from today, the integration is available for free to all users of Xero and Uber for Business.
“We’re constantly on the move, so using Uber for Business to manage staff travel is a no-brainer,” said Alyce Tran of The Daily Edited, a luxury brand specialising in monogrammable leather goods. “We are excited to have Uber for Business available on Xero Connect, as it means we’ll save even more time at the end of month by removing manual data entry.”
Uber for Business with Xero can simplify your expense processes as well as help streamline cash flow with monthly billing. Instead of paying per trip, organisations can apply for monthly billing, eliminating the hassle of handling multiple trips and receipts from employees. And with Xero Connect, the monthly Uber bill will flow seamlessly into Xero. This saves business owners time, removes manual data entry and increases the accuracy of invoices.
A regional first
Xero is the first online accounting platform to partner with the global ride-sharing app in Australia and New Zealand.
“By partnering with Xero, we’re creating another avenue for Uber for Business customers to benefit from streamlined technology solutions that not only improve business travel but save precious time,” said Georgia Foster, Head of Uber for Business, Australia & New Zealand.
Customise your experience
While employees get the freedom to set up business profiles to keep work and personal trips separate, Uber for Business lets organisations manage how their employees use Uber for work-related trips. Here are some other great features:
- Separate personal from business: Request rides with your Uber for Business account from one global app, and streamline expenses with a separate business profile.
- Custom Travel Policies: Set your own travel policies for different teams and projects while ensuring that every trip is correctly coded for reconciliation and accounting.
- Easy Group Travel Management: Gain insight into how your teams move with Uber. Set custom permissions and monitor travel usage, compliance, and spending.
How to get started
- The first step is to download Uber for Business from the Xero App Marketplace.
- If you’re not already an active Uber for Business user, you’ll need to create a new account here.
- For organisations who sign up to monthly billing, Uber will email you a monthly PDF statement outlining the trips made that month for all employees on your account.
- To apply for Monthly Billing simply log in to your Uber for Business Dashboard, go to the Billing tab and submit a request
- Xero will extract the statement data and automatically create a draft bill in Xero.
- You can then review, approve and pay the draft bill.
- When the payment record comes into Xero via your bank feed, it will automatically be matched to your Uber for Business statement and reconciled.
If we can help you save time processing travel costs, simplify reconciliation, and provide a seamless experience with Uber for Business and Xero, we’ll be delighted. Head over to the Xero App Marketplace today and download Uber for Business to get started. And let us know what you think in the Marketplace reviews!
The post Uber for Business joins Xero Connect in Australia and NZ appeared first on Xero Blog.