Xero partners stole the show at the national Australian Accounting Awards 2018, staking their claim on 26 of the 29 awards up for grabs.
The accolades recognise exceptional contributions to the accounting industry across Australia, with winners announced at a Sydney ceremony last Friday night.
Accountants and bookkeepers from twenty three Xero partner firms were honoured during the event, including Andrew Van De Beek of Illumin8 (Thought Leader of the Year), Kirsten Norman of BizWhiz Business Solutions (Bookkeeping Executive of the Year), Harry Hoang of Tailored Accounts (Executive of the Year) and James Solomons of Aptus Accounting & Advisory (Innovator of the Year).
The following Xero partners were also celebrated for their achievements in accounting:
- Accounting Student of the Year: Marithe Solis, Deloitte
- Advocacy Initiative of the Year: Palfreyman Chartered Accountant
- Bookkeeping Firm of the Year: Bookwiz Bookkeeping
- Boutique Firm of the Year: Cooper Partners
- Business Advisory Firm of the Year: Marsh Tincknell Chartered Accountants
- Community Engagement Program of the Year: Collins Hume
- Diversified Firm of the Year: Altus Financial
- Fast-Growing Firm of the Year: Link Advisors
- Firm of the Year: Carbon Group
- Graduate Program of the Year: Power Tynan
- Marketing Program of the Year: McConachie Stedman
- New Firm of the Year: Elevate Accounting
- New Partner of the Year: Donna Bruce, Walsh Accountants Pty Ltd
- Office Administrator of the Year: Nicole Wicks, SMART Business Solutions
- Partner of the Year (Boutique Firm): Shane Crommelin, Elevate Accounting
- Professional Development Program of the Year: SMART Business Solutions
- Rising Star of the Year: Caitie Copley, Accodex Partners
- SMSF Firm of the Year: Wilson Pateras
- Superannuation Auditor of the Year: Shirley Schaefer, BDO
- Young Accountant of the Year: Ru Lim, Rise High Accounting Solutions
- Superannuation Specialist Accountant of the Year: Chris Craggs, Argurion Accounting Group Pty Ltd
- Accountants Daily Excellence Award: Chris Craggs, Argurion Accounting Group Pty Ltd
From everyone here at Xero… congratulations! As you do the hard work to grow and enrich our accounting industry, you drive our nation’s small businesses and wider economy as a result. We’re proud to stand alongside you as you pave the way for change.
To finish with a few words from Andrew Van De Beek as he accepted his award, “My passion is to see people grow… Keep your doors open, share your knowledge, and our industry will grow as a result.”
The post Xero partners sweep up 26 of 29 awards at the Australian Accounting Awards 2018 appeared first on Xero Blog.