a person who sets up a business or businesses, taking on financial risks in the hope of profit.
This week kicks off with Global Entrepreneurship Week, a global event celebrating startup founders and inspiring millions to engage in entrepreneurial activity and connect with collaborators, mentors, and even investors.
Small businesses are so important to New Zealand’s economy. Almost all of the half a million or so businesses in New Zealand are businesses with fewer than 20 employees. More than 350,000 enterprises have none – meaning they’re solo-traders, contractors, and other hard-working entrepreneurs.
Immigration New Zealand even has a separate Entrepreneur Work Visa, designed to attract talented, entrepreneurial migrants who can invest in New Zealand’s communities, grow profitable businesses, and create jobs for New Zealanders.
At Xero, we know what it’s like to be a startup; we were one! So it’s part of our mission help founders and entrepreneurs throughout the country become more efficient, successful, and to grow.
How we support startups and entrepreneurs at Xero:
- Xero is invested in helping New Zealand startups, whether it’s through our involvement with Kiwibank and their FinTech accelerator, the StepUp Mentor programme, or the recently-announced FounderCon coming to Wellington in November.
- Through our Advisor Directory, we connect people with bright ideas to others with experience and solid advice. There, you can touch base with an accountant or bookkeeper who can help with the financial side of things, and get guidance on the best applications and systems to use for your business, like point-of-sale or ecommerce.
- Make sure you check out our Small Business Guides as well!
- We share information on how to get going as an entrepreneur. Read through articles on how to Learn how to manage startup finances, Get your startup noticed through PR, and Establish a web presence for your startup, and more through courses like our Startup Kit: Your complete course to startup success.
- In our App Marketplace, we sync you up with 500+ time-saving apps that can help you with inventory, payments, time-tracking, bills and expenses, and more!
The post Why entrepreneurs and startup founders are so important appeared first on Xero Blog.