Taxable Payment Annual Report (TPAR) lodgments are fast approaching their due date of 28 August for the last financial year and this year it’s going to be easier than ever before with Xero.
You can now lodge TPAR directly to the ATO from Xero at the press of a button.
Currently, people fill in a paper form and send it to the ATO, or use Xero to create a TPAR and upload the file to the ATO portal. This is time-consuming as it requires double handling of data and the use of multiple systems. Lodging TPAR direct via Xero makes the process easier by eliminating the need for multiple systems or paper forms; saving time and streamlining workflows, helping you deal with TPAR more efficiently.
Here’s what some of our partners had to say about lodging TPAR from Xero
- “I’ve had the chance to use this – it’s great – so easy to file.” Cassandra Scott, Laurus Enterprises Pty Ltd
- “OMG This was awesome. I absolutely dreaded doing the TPAR through the portal.” Kathy-Maree Bartle, Books Alive Bookkeeping
How to set up, run and lodge TPAR from Xero
TPAR lodgement is available in Australian versions of Xero with BAS. The ATO file and CSV export options remain available for use as well, for those that prefer to deal with lodging to the ATO in the traditional way
TPAR coverage continues to expand
Xero has supported customers produce and submit TPAR to the ATO since it was introduced in 2012 for the building and construction industry. Since those early days tens of thousands of Aussie small businesses and their advisers have relied on Xero to meet their TPAR needs.
Industry coverage for TPAR is increasing regularly and continues to expand.
- Building and Construction (introduced 2012)
- Cleaning (effective 2018, first reports due this year)
- Courier (effective 2018, first reports due this year)
- Road Freight (effective from 2019, first reports due 2020)
- IT (effective from 2019, first reports due 2020)
- Security (effective from 2019, first reports due 2020)
Soon there will be over 500,000 needing to lodge TPAR and it’s anticipated industry coverage will increase further as well. If you’re not sure whether you need to lodge TPAR check out the ATO TPAR help page.