We’re excited to announce another development in our long-running global partnership with Square. Square is launching Square Reader in Australia, enabling business owners to quickly and securely accept card payments directly on smartphones and tablet devices.
Xero customers will now be able to connect their Square Register plus Square Reader to their accounting dashboard in less than five minutes, cutting down manual data entry and bank reconciliation. This integration gives businesses access to features including:
- Mobile business done right — Square lets businesses accept payments on the go or in store. Xero is all in the cloud, so owners can run their business from anywhere, on any device.
- Automatic bank reconciliation — All Square transaction data is automatically fed and matched into Xero, completely eradicating manual data entry. All payments, sales taxes, refunds and fees are fed to the right account in Xero, so business owners don’t have to worry.
- Business finances in real time — Businesses can see income statement and balance sheet at a glance in Xero. Xero converts the Square daily summary into an invoice with sales, tips, fees with a tax breakdown.
Square customers that don’t yet use Xero will also be able to create an account, right from within their Square dashboards.
“We wanted – and needed – to integrate Square into our Xero dashboard because farmers’ markets are one of our primary sources of both revenue and marketing. To be able to facilitate a credit card transaction is just a godsend, otherwise you’ll lose prospective customers and there’s nothing you can do about it” said Doug Ellinger, owner of Mason Creek Olive Oil. “Everything about the two services working together makes me feel so much more comfortable about how we’re running the business and what the future holds for us.
Our product is unique, boutique and sophisticated and we know that every touch point we have with our customer has to reflect that. With Xero and Square, we achieve this.”
As part of the Square Register launch, Square is hosting Square Market, a pop-up marketplace that showcases the very best of Australia’s small business heroes, over three days at Federation Square in Melbourne. With over 30% of the sellers also Xero customers (more than any other accounting software provider), it’s a great demonstration of how well Square and Xero work together.
Want to learn more about Square point of sale software for retailers?
- Learn all about Square and Xero on our website.
- Check out the Help Center for information on how to get set up.
The post Launch of Square Reader in AU means Xero + Square can now take you even farther appeared first on Xero Blog.