Registered agents have used Xero Tax to submit more than 227,000 activity statements to the ATO since October 2013. Powerful new features in Xero Tax just made it even easier to help your small business clients meet their ATO obligations. The refreshed activity statement has been designed to save time and take the grind out of the activity statement workflow.
The revamped activity statement features:
- New look. We have a new look and feel that’s consistent with the rest of our tax forms.
- New print layout. Our new layout is much easier to read. It also places the client declaration and payment/refund information on the first page.
- New worksheets and grids. We have integrated worksheets and smart grids to support GST grouping and consolidated activity statements. They also make it easier to capture and calculate GST for non-Xero clients.
- eSign. We now support eSign powered by Adobe Document Cloud.
- Use document ID numbers. You can bypass the ATO list prefill and use a document ID number to manually prepare an activity statement.
- Amend. Using the Amend function you can amend an activity statement in Xero Tax.
- Cover letter. We now have an integrated cover letter, and optional comprehensive substantiation declaration.
- Dropbox. We’ve integrated with Dropbox for document storage.
Extending electronic signatures to activity statements
We introduced e-signing of income tax returns in late September 2015. From today, it’s available for business and instalment activity statements as well. For the cost of a toner cartridge, registered agents can enable e-signing from within Xero Tax. This can save 10-15 minutes per tax return or activity statement.
Clients review and digitally sign the activity statement, providing the agent with a bulletproof e-sign audit trail that’s retained electronically within Xero Tax and is accessible anywhere on any device.
Find out more about recent changes in our Practice Studio Help Centre.
How to get Xero Tax
Xero Tax is available now. It’s an ideal starting point for registered tax and BAS agents. You can securely lodge activity statements and income tax returns for all of your clients. Whether they’re business and non-business, Xero and non-Xero.
Xero Tax features simple workflows for preparing activity statements and individual, partnership, company, trust and SMSF income tax returns. You can get started with Xero Tax within minutes. Just import your active client list direct from the ATO, enter your agent, AUSKey and ELS details and you’re ready to go.
Xero Tax is available as a benefit of the Xero Partner Program. If you are a bronze partner – and Xero certified – then you can use Xero Tax for free from 1 April. Alternatively, you can purchase a subscription for a small monthly fee.
What’s coming next
We’ll be introducing calculation schedules for WET, fuel tax credits, and private use of capital and GST assets soon. A smaller eSign bundle perfect for sole agents is planned for March 2016. Plus, we’re on track to release the 2016 FBT tax return before April 2016 and the 2016 income tax forms in June 2016.
The post Go paperless with upgraded activity statement in Xero Tax appeared first on Xero Blog.