Itâ€™s always nice to win big. Weâ€™ve been lucky enough to scoop up some fantastic awards this year, in recognition of our mission to rewire the global economy, connecting millions of businesses to their advisors, banks and each other.
Winning these awards gives us a chance to pat ourselves on the back, but thatâ€™s not the only reason we apply.
Accountants and small businesses are at the heart of the Xero business, and by being recognised by them, it acknowledges our amazing community. They are the real heroes here, making Xero what it is today.
Here are some of the awards we took home this year in the UK and South Africa:
- ICB Bookkeeping Awards,Â Best Bookkeeping Software of the Year & Friendliest Software Provider of the Year:Â Dubbed the â€˜Oscarsâ€™ of the bookkeeping world, we took home two awards â€“ made all the more special by the fact that they are voted for by bookkeepers themselves. Keeping it in the family, it was also a great moment for our MD, Gary Turner, to see his mum being awarded an honorary award for services to bookkeeping.
- Accounting Excellence Awards,Â Small Business Accounting Software of the Year, Practitionersâ€™ Choice:Â Recognising companies doing exciting things in the accounting and finance profession, we were over the moon to win two awards this year.
- Accounting Excellence Awards,Â Gary Turner, Pioneer of the Year:Â Gary has become one of the industryâ€™s most outspoken leaders, unafraid to challenge the establishment on issues such as Making Tax Digital and small business productivity, as well as being committed to delivering innovative accounting solutions.
- ZA Award: South African National Innovation Award: The ZA awards not only acknowledge small businesses and entrepreneurs but helps them prosper even more.Â This is a significant recognition for us in the region as we grow and help more SMBs
Weâ€™d like to thankâ€¦
While awards can be a great way to toot the horn, we want to dedicate our wins to our community of small businesses and their advisors.
We get to demonstrate to the world our commitment to continue to transform how businesses manage their finances.Â
A lot of the hard-working small businesses, accounting firms, and apps and fintechs in our ecosystem have also been triumphant this year.
- Out of the nine accounting firms who won The Accountancy Excellence Awards – Practice Awards, six firms were Xero partners.
- At the same awards, our app partner Receipt Bank won the Data Management & Expenses Software of the year, Fluidly won the Forecasting category, Chaser, cloud app of the year and Fluidly, the innovation of the year award.
- And we canâ€™t forget those who walked away from Xerocon London with a Xero Award. 11 firms from the UK, Ireland and South Africa celebrated wins in recognition of the work they are doing to innovate with Xero tools. And a further five app partners demonstrated how they are helping businesses become more efficient by also winning
A very well-deserved congratulations to all the winners.
And here’s to a fruitful 2019 for everyone.