Xero Tax has your New Zealand income tax forms for 2016, plus, accountants and bookkeepers can now electronically file directly with Inland Revenue.
More tax forms available
The tax forms available within Xero Tax have been expanded this tax season with the addition of the IR8 and IR8J for Maori Authorities and the all new IR833 Property Sale Information form.
You can also use Xero Tax to prepare and file GST returns; individual, company, estate or trust, partnership, and clubs or society tax returns; financial statements summaries and tax credit claim forms with Inland Revenue.
If you used Xero Tax to prepare a client’s 2015 tax return, then their previously entered information will roll over automatically into the 2016 tax return.
We’ve also enhanced the way you prepare and administer tax returns to make it a smoother, more effortless experience. They include:
- a new connection service to the IRD that makes data transfer faster and smarter.
- onscreen warnings and alerts that are in plain English.
- provisional tax calculations and payment notices that clearly indicate the basis of calculation.
- an easier workflow, with the ability to clear returns that are showing on the Changed tab either individually or in bulk.
How to get Xero Tax
Xero Tax is an integral part of Xero Practice Manager. It is available as part of Xero Practice Studio. Our practice tools are free for partners with silver status or above, or they can be purchased for a monthly charge. You can start a free trial, or if you have questions or would like a demonstration, get in touch with our partner team.
For help getting started or to find out more:
- visit the Practice Manager Help Centre
- watch the recording of the NZ Tax 2016 overview webinar on Xero U
- contact your dedicated account manager