We’re thrilled to announce a new partnership that will allow us to combine the power of Xero’s global accounting platform with Gusto’s innovative full-service payroll solution.
From onboarding new employees, to filing state and federal payroll taxes, to ensuring there is enough cash-flow available on pay-day — managing payroll is a major pain point for small businesses and accountants.
Small businesses using Gusto spend 75 percent less time managing employee payroll than before they started using the service. That’s because Gusto’s innovative, born-in-the-cloud service handles all aspects of payroll on behalf of the small business owner. Highlights include:
- Payroll made easy. Gusto enables businesses to run payroll completely online with modern software and design. All federal, state and local payroll taxes are automatically paid and filed.
- Data synced and automated. Gusto automatically syncs payroll and financial data with Xero, as well as popular expense tracking and time tracking software.
- HR built for today. Gusto also integrates with workers’ compensation, benefits like health insurance or 401(k) retirement plans, and human resources, providing compliance, ease and flexibility.
Over the coming months, Gusto’s product will be deeply integrated into the Xero platform and become the preferred payroll solution for our US customers. Highlights of this integration will include:
- Single Sign-On: Xero will deliver a beautiful user experience by giving customers the ability to seamlessly access their Gusto account using their Xero credentials.
- Managing Cash Flow: Xero will be automatically updated every time payroll is run, providing an always up-to-date view of cash flow.
- Accountant Collaboration: Small businesses will be able to grant their accountant or trusted advisor permission to manage payroll and generate payroll reports within Xero.
We are working with our existing self-service US payroll customers to ensure that there is a smooth transition as we integrate Gusto’s more robust full-service product onto our platform. We are providing these customers with a wind-down period, so that they can continue using the existing service until they transition to Gusto.
Xero and Gusto have a shared vision for building innovative new solutions that help small businesses and accountants thrive in the new economy. We’re both born-in-the-cloud companies working to build software that makes complicated business tasks more simple and human. By joining forces, we can help more small businesses and accountants find long-term success.
For more information, please see this FAQ.
The post Bringing full-service payroll to customers in all 50 states appeared first on Xero Blog.